EDitorial ± 11-Dec-2000
Ain't Christmas a fab time of year?There's so many ingredients in the mix:
- gawking at the gaudy fairy lights in and on people's houses
- queueing in overcrowded shops (let me through, I have a pram!)
- avoiding the sweet sounds of the Now! Christmas LP
- preparing for top telly!
Could be films, could be one-off dramas, could be seasonal episodes, but one sure thing is that they'll all require a slice of reasonable grade VHS tape. What to watch, what to record? Short play or long play? Is there enough space on the end to tape Sons Of The Desert? Of such gut-wrenching decisions is my Christmas made. As I said, marvellous.
If You Take Away With You Nothing Else
BBC1, BBC2, ITV, C4, C5:
- you can never be too rich, too thin or have too many blank tapes
- please write down what you've recorded
- don't forget the TV-with-no-pictures, aka the radio