EDitorial ± 9-Jul-2007
Dolmio, June 2007
Ever had the unremitting joy of being called upon to clean up an in-law's or
friend's PC? You got your spyware, you got your malware, you got your
pop-ups. Are those warning messages genuine or fake?
Got latest Windows updates?
Ah, the delights of keying F8 to boot into safe mode.
Everything ... takes ... so ... long.
Kick off that full search and destroy scan, make a cuppa, and write up
Dolmio (Doings Of Last Month Innoparticular Order).
That is to say, an attempt to capture past(a) events before they slip... my... mind. June 2007 was spent:
- laughing at an inventine Midsomer Murders about a photographic club resisting the rise of digital cameras
- spending a fab weekend in surprisingly sunny Sedbergh
- gawping at the small screen:
- try-and-keep-up industrial espionage of Cypher,
- razor sharp Hot Fuzz,
- terrific Pan's Labyrinth,
- so-so Over The Hedge,
- disappointing Happy Feet,
- very poor Dr Who Movie with Paul McGann
- keeping up with Danny Baker's All Day Breakfast Show podcasts
- making the most of a free LoveFilm subscription
- switching to a shiny silver Motorola phone
- flogging the Nokia N70 dumbphone
- getting lost in Neal Stephenson's 800 page The Confusion
- being swept along by Rome, The Return