EDitorial ± 2-Oct-2007
Dolmio, September 2007
Friend down the road very kindly chopped up some wood for us t'other day.
Thought it only right to reward him, so popped in to little Tesco en route
home on the bike. Already carrying rucksack of clothing, and pannier chock full
of laptop and trainers. In other words, way too much. Bought brace of beer
bottles -- Old Peculier and Old Speckled Hen -- then hung these from left
handlebar. Too near and they'd bash front wheel, too far and they'd fall off.
Fun ride home guaranteed, like
Dolmio (Doings Of Last Month Innoparticular Order).
That is to say, an attempt to capture past(a) events before they slip... my... mind. September 2007 was spent:
- tackling and completing a devilish "circle line" Inquisitor crossword in The Indy
- kicking off the Felixstowe cafe tour
- paying first visit to ITFC for a coupla seasons
- starting Chris Anderson's The Long Tail
- attending Sat morning Hollywood pictures with The Boy for Spider-Man 3
- dumping LoveFilm subscription but did catch Cache with Auteuil and Binoche
- watching more BBC4 docs on:
- the legendary Joe Meek,
- and the reclusive Scott Walker
- anxiously avoiding dropping stuff on the spongy new carpet
- chuckling along to BBC4's Flight Of The Conchords
- "celebrating" 20 years of work