EDitorial ± 14-Dec-2009
TT0910, Week 6
As Strictly's Craig would say, what a dis-ah-ster, Team Defiants going down to their worst defeat of the season thus far.
Can't blame PC Andy -- did his best, as ever, and even landed his first end of division 2 against Weird Bat Alan.
Might have expected slightly more of Boyton Boy, who did well to topple Alan but came unstuck against the other two.
Ed landed a BFZ -- Big Fat Zero -- and subsequently tried to blame:
- not having the right shoes having left his trainers at work
- playing with an increasingly crumbling bat
- lack of oxygen having not cycled to work that day
- poor lighting conditions
- unfortunate order of play, coming up against their best player first
- no warm up
- the coldness of Baylham Village Hall, aka Ice Station Zebra
- thinking about last minute Christmas shopping